Hendrie is working as a senior lecturer European culture and religion at Ede Christian University of applied sciences (CHE) in The Netherlands. In addition he offers courses at the Vrije Academie.
From 2013 – 2016 Hendrie has worked and lived in Chiang Mai, Thailand. He was a lecturer New Testament Studies, Church History and Christian Ethics at McGilvary College of Divinity (Payap University). He has given seminars and trainings in the art of teaching to lecturers in higher education in the region.
Before moving to Thailand, Hendrie has worked at different institutes of Higher Education. Among others, he developed and taught courses in European Culture, Business Ethics and History of Economic Thought. He has given seminars and training sessions to several institutions (e.g. CHE, BPP Porfessional Education, Rijks Opleidings Instituut, De Belastingdienst, Centraal Justitieel Incasso Bureau) and companies in The Netherlands. In addition to teaching Hendrie has gained experience as a manager international programs and teamleader at the CHE.
By being involved in international education – both as a manager and as a lecturer – Hendrie has had the opportunity to experience different teaching environments in many parts of the world (eg. United States, Romania, South Korea, Birma, Thailand). It has given him a strong cross-cultural sensitivity and it has made him a true advocate of international (higher) education.
Colleagues and students tend to describe Hendrie as an inspiring and enthousiastic teacher and trainer. Having studied both Human Geography (with a major in International Economics and Economical Geography) and Theology at the University of Utrecht, he will always approach a subject from different perspectives.
Please do not hesitate to contact him for further information.
- Hendrie van Maanen, ‘Tekenen van Hoop’, in: de Waagschaal (jaargang 46, 2017). https://www.karlbarth.nl/tekenen-van-hoop/
- Hendrie van Maanen, ‘Een verre echo van het jodendom in Azië. Jodendom en Christendom in een Boeddhistische context’, in: OJEC Periodiek (September 2014)
- Hendrie van Maanen, ‘Het kruis in het land van karma’, on: http://www.volzin.nu/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=420200:het-kruis-in-het-land-van-karma&Itemid=624 (24 May 2014)
- Hendrie van Maanen, ‘The Challenge to Make a Change, Teaching ethics to Business students’. In Muynck, A. de, Hegeman, J.H. & Vos, P.H. Eds. Bridging the Gap. Proceedings of the IAPCHE-Europe conference April 2009. Sioux Centre: Dordt Press.
- Hendrie van Maanen, ‘ Een Utopie ontmanteld. Zoeken naar een weg tussen naïef idealisme en bitter realisme’, in: Wapenveld, jaargang 60, nr.4, 2010 http://wapenveldonline.nl/artikel/964/een-utopie-ontmanteld/
- Johan Roeland and Hendrie van Maanen, ‘L’Europe, c’est nous? Bespiegelingen over het geseculariseerde Europa’, in Theologisch Debat, December 2009
- Felix de Fijter, ‘Theoloog in het land van Boeddha’, in Reformatorisch Dagblad, https://www.rd.nl/artikel/553406-theoloog-in-het-land-van-boeddha, 22 March 2014
- Felix de Fijter, ‘Een Moderne Zendeling in Thailand’, in Scherp, April 2014 http://www.che.nl/nl-nl/over-de-che/scherp/scherp-magazine/scherp-april-2014